Ontario Blind Sports Association Gord Hope Award
About Gord Hope
Gord Hope was a Pioneer in Canadian Blind Sports and an individual who lived life to its fullest in every way. He regularly pushed himself to do his best in all challenges which was always evident in his positive results. Though Gord constantly worked towards his personal bests he always kept a place in his mind and a focus on helping others to succeed as well. Gord always led by example and because of that opened many doors for blind and visually impaired athletes. He was and always will be the personification of sportsmanship, diversity and perseverance.
The Gord Hope Award is awarded one time per year and is presented at the OBSA Hall of Fame Gala.
The individual being awarded this honor will possess the following attributes:
- Dedication to his/her chosen sport
- Dedication to his/her training
- Demonstrate great sportsmanship on and off the field of play
- A positive role-model to those around them
- Perseverance through personal challenge/adversity
Recipients of the Gord Hope Award
2016 - Robert Hampson